DropEXP is my third online app. It’s a little tool to help guitar players in their never ending quest for new voicings. It offers a very intuitive interface. All buttons have keyboard shortcuts, and I highly recommend to use them instead of the mouse, with of course your guitar in hands.
Here are the features, with the respective keyboard shortcuts:
- Choose your voicing configuration between the following options: block, drop2, drop3, drop4, drop2&3, drop2&4, drop 3&4, double drop2, double drop2 & drop3, double drop2 & drop4. [0-9]
- Select a note for the root of the chord. [A-H]
- Select the alteration of the root note between flat, natural and sharp. [J,K,L]
- Select the chord quality between maj7, 7, m7, m7b5, maj7#5, 7sus4, mMaj7, maj6, m6. [M,N]
- Replace the root of the chord by a ninth: b9, 9 or #9. [O]
- Replace the fifth of the chord by an eleventh or a thirteenth: 11, #11, b13 or 13. [P]
- Switch between note names or degrees display on the fretboard. [X]
- Show or hide the root map (all locations of the root of the chord on the fretboard). [R]
- Change the top note string using up and down arrow keys.
- Switch between inversion using left and right arrow keys.
Some ideas to support the Music in Browser project:
- Share it and spread the word. If you’re a music teacher, share it with your students. If you’re a music student, share it with your teacher. If you play in band, share it with your bandmates. If your wife/husband plays the guitar… i think you get the idea !
- Subscribe to my mailing-list, facebook page, youtube channel, find me on Instagram, Twitter… you know all that stuff. All the links at the very bottom of the page.
- Leave me a comment below with ideas, bug reports, features you’d like to see in the next version etc … or just to say hello ! You can write in english, spanish or french. I promise I’ll answer all of them.
- Tip me with a few bucks if you can and think the project is worth it… I will deeply appreciate and it will help me continue/maintain/update/make new apps. It will also keep them free for everybody (including people with low levels of income), and free of ads. Thank you !
Start the app by clicking the photo above and … Enjoy !
If this website is helping you becoming a better musician, please consider making a donation. Even a small amount will be very appreciated. Thank you !