This is the first post of its kind… no transcription or music theory here, but the beginning of a new work blending my knowledge as a musician and my knowledge as a programmer. I’m planning to make little apps available online, directly in your browser, to help you in your musical practice. The whole project is called MiB, standing for Music in Browser and will incorporate ear training, improv practice, musical theory & composition tools etc…
This first app is a little drum machine, inspired by the 16-step old drum machines from the 80’s (TR-808), but changing the whole game by including the option of chosing the number of steps … from 3 to 48 !
I need your help !
Some ideas to help me:
- Share it with all your friend. Fast, easy & free.
- Subscribe to my mailing-list, facebook page, youtube channel, find me on Instagram … you know all that stuff. All the links at the very bottom of the page. Fast, easy & free.
- Use the app, make amazing polyrhythms and send them to me … just drop me a line on whatsapp (+593 9 96 71 34 69) or write me on facebook to get in touch. Send me the json files and I will include your patterns as presets for the next update … including your name as a contributor. Not that fast, not that easy but free !
- Leave me a comment below with ideas … bug reports, features you’d like to see in the next version etc … You can write in english, spanish or french. I promise I’ll read all of them. Not that fast, quite easy & free.
- If you have skills in sound design / sampling and you’re interested in building a sound bank for the app (Latin, Brazilian, African, Indian, Electro, Hiphop or anything you like …), drop me a line. Take some time, not very complicated and free.
- Tip me with a few bucks … I will deeply appreciate and it will help me continue/maintain/update/make new apps. Fast, easy and almost free …
Start the app by clicking the photo above and … Enjoy !
If this website is helping you becoming a better musician, please consider making a donation. Even a small amount will be very appreciated. Thank you !